Support my Family

For all your hip hop and lifestyle needs please visit:


If you're looking for a restaurant in the downtown Toronto area look no further:


For all your catering needs in the Nova Scotia area please email:

sweetdelights2013@gmail.com, website will be up in the near future

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

What The Hell Is Wrong With Society

Apologize in advance for the lack of the ignorant shit but today's entry will have a more serious tone. I woke up late and was in a real shitty mood but I read something courtesy of yahoo that changed my day. 8 children were brutally stabbed at a school in China by some freak. Before I start I'll say this. I have nothing to complain about. My typical "terrible" day involves me getting some terrible grade, losing some money, missing out on a booty call or watching the Yanks or Manchester United lose. That's pretty much as bad as it gets for me. I could only imagine what it's like for a mother who just dropped her child off at school see the unthinkable image of her child being murdered by the hands of someone whose only purpose is to slash a child's throat.

I won't limit this to a geographical region because it happens everywhere in the world but why the hell is it that anytime something catastrophic happens they offer an explanation but never a solution. "The suspect had a history of mental illness" So why the hell is he walking out and about on the streets and why the hell is he near a school. This guy should have been locked up in a mental institute somewhere and left there for the rest of his life. Ideally, I wish he spends every single minute of every day in some sort of solitary confinement but I'm not one to judge, the damage is already done and there are now 8 children who will not get to see this world or live up to their full potential. Parents who will never see their children again have to live with this pain in their hearts while some dude who was apparently "mentally ill" will get off with a slap on the wrist in some mental institution.

This unfortunate event has made me realize that I don't do enough. I have everything in the world and more yet I know I'm guilty of taking it for granted. I've decided to sponsor a child. Normally I wouldn't mention this but 100% of the money generated thus far from this blog and a portion from my own pocket will be going to sponsor Alexander Lester Guardados. An 11 year old boy from Guatemala (hopefully the next Ronaldo or Messi) the child has had a tough upbringing and with the help of y'all we've just made it somewhat easier for him. Here's a portion from what I was told: One day, his mother and stepfather told him they wanted to take him for a walk. They drove to the outskirts of the city and parked the car. They then sent Lester to a nearby store to buy some snacks. When the boy emerged from the store, the car and his parents were gone. Lester’s parents were eventually identified and summoned to court. When Lester saw them, he pulled away from them. During the court proceedings it was discovered that Lester had been abused at home. The boy told the court that his parents had kept him tied up in a dark room. They would occasionally throw him scraps of bread. There were also visible signs of physical abuse.

Of course the cynical side of me says this could all be BS and I'm just giving it all to some rich slob in Florida but they've provided a tonne of info, are a legit organization and if someone wants to take a monthly sum of cash from me and lie about it then they obviously need it more than I do. I'd provide updates on Alexander but I accidently misspelled my email when I was filling out the form. Whatever I get in the mail I'll share with y'all. Thanks to everyone who views this page, the sponsors, and the people who spread the world, this was made possible because of you!
 
Recapping the Night: I don't know why I didn't do this earlier but here are the stats:
 
$150 Ancona +105 = Possible return of $307.5 (L)

$100 Empoli +100= Possible return of $200 (W)
$100 Dumfermline -133= Possible return of $175 (L)
$150 Cowdenbeath -200= Possible return of $225 (W)
NBA:
$100 Denver Nuggets -6 (L)
$100 Indiana +4 (W)
$100 Pacers/Pistons under 206.5 (W)
NCAA:
$100 Texas Tech +9 (W)
$100 UNC +5 (W)
Total Wagered: $1000
Total Returned:$1188.64


Total Profit: $188.64
Total Generated Thus Far: $1686.42
 
May the winners be ours. Taking over the world one step at a time. Incase you haven't gotten the memo my name is Julius James and I'm the fucking shit.

No comments: