Support my Family

For all your hip hop and lifestyle needs please visit:


If you're looking for a restaurant in the downtown Toronto area look no further:


For all your catering needs in the Nova Scotia area please email:

sweetdelights2013@gmail.com, website will be up in the near future

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Hanging Them Up - The Last Ever Entry

Before I get into it, I thought I'd dip into it one last time so there's a blog below. After you read that come back here or after you read this go there lol.

Bittersweet moment. I knew this day would come but never in a million years did I think so soon. As most of you know I started writing for the bleacher report like a week ago. 3 articles in and as of write now, 1715 reads. I have no idea what that means but someone clearly thought it was good. I got an email in my inbox a few days ago and they showed clear interest in working with me long term. To make a long story short, I'm now going to be working with a prominent company as a paid writer covering the Miami Heat among other things pertaining to the NBA. I think I'll be doing other teams but my first assignment is the Heat, they loved the LeBron article and said I shouldn't be doing this for free. I have to fly to New York soon but I signed all the contracts today. I'm a smart dude, I know if this blog gets out, it potentially jeopardizes the contracts I signed today and everything like that. This sportswriting stuff is my dream and my mom reminded me today how she laughed at me when I would tell her about it as a kid. In her words "now look."  So the way I see it, as painful as this is, this blog means more to me than it does to y'all, unfortunately I have to close it down. 

I'd tell you more about the whole NBA thing but I know there are a couple of fuckheads that would do anything to ruin that so I'll keep that quiet for now. I got a few things to say though. I'd like to truly thank each and every one of you for your support. Every click made a difference, literally. I think I mentioned this once before (like a year ago) but everything I received from the blog (ad revenue, donations after good picks, the google cash etc.) it all went to sponsor a kid. 100% went to www.foodforthepoor.org. I paid plenty out of my own pocket and when the blog blew up I just upped the monthly payments. Shameless plug but if you feel the need to donate, foodforthepoor is the place. 96.9% goes to the kids and only 0.7% is spent on administration. The rest is spent on fundraising. They've also kept me up to date with the kid's progress etc, so I want to thank you for allowing this to happen.

I met some of the most amazing people as a result of this blog. I'm glad a lot of you let me into your lives and I hope y'all continue to stay in contact with me. Don't hesitate to email me. Even if I've never spoken to you it would be great speaking to you. Just a quick note to some specific people: to all the people I talk to from the prisons and to the people from the hood who follow this or just anyone in general, if you take nothing else from the blog I want you to listen to this: 

Don't conform if it changes who you are inside. Because of this blog I've been able to see people near death turn their lives around. Don't ever be one of those folks that defer everything or blame someone else. It takes more than just belief, it takes hard work but trust me, I've seen it done. In 22 years I've lived more than most. 95% of people in this world are designed to be gas station attendants and flip burgers. If that makes you happy then I'm sincere when I say congrats. If it doesn't then you must be able to differentiate from the rest. You can't blame your childhood or other people for reasons as to why you haven't done shit. You got to get up and give it all you got. There's 24 hours a day and for the past year I've been sleeping 4 hours a day, if that. Make shit happen, the power of the individual is huge, trust me when I say that. So long as your alive then there's still hope, when your world comes crashing down then remember, you aren't at rock bottom. Rock bottom is for people who are dead, once you breathing you have the will to change, I never believed this til I saw it with my own eyes multiple times.

To the folks in jail who fuck with me, you're fucking lucky. Remember that. Most of y'all who I talk to will get out at some point. I know a million people who haven't gotten that chance. If you get out that means you got time on this earth to change. Thanks for the support I can't believe they let you guys read this shit in prison programs but I won't stop emailing y'all. Just remember once you're living, the clock hasn't stopped. You still got that chance to make things right.

Thanks to all the "Ragers." It was a pleasure having you. Y'all have all me held me down and thanks to Gabriel Morency etc. for allowing me to plug my shit. I hope y'all make money and do it big in whatever it is that you do. You guys will still get daily picks.

I'll still have my weekly appearance on www.intheot.com so check that out every Monday morning. Still check me out at bleacher report my new articles will still be published from there as well I believe, they'll just also be in newsletters etc. I'll still respond to every email I ever get and I'll still be working with the various programs that I work with.

I intend on having a new blog, once I figure it out I'll throw a link up on here. But how do you write something that can't jeopardize a job. Lmao it'll be some gay ass pg-13 bullshit. I haven't even begun to think about it but when I do I'll throw a link up. I intend on keeping this up for about 2 weeks, then I'll post a link to the new, gayer blog once I find out what I want to do. Then after about a month I'll delete this page. In the 15 months that I've done this I hope I kept you entertained, I hope you won money and I hope you figured out how to obtain happiness in life because it's the only thing that matters.

Before I go just a quick note if you believe in this sort of thing then help me out. Someone I know (about the furthest dude from a friend I could think of) is about to start his prison sentence for 25 years tomorrow in Ohio. Kid is 19 and has no idea what he's about to endure, please say a prayer, let the law and the man above deal with him and may dude find peace. I ain't shit to judge. 

Salute, I'm out.

Contact Info: Moneyhungry45@hotmail.com
May the winners be ours. Taking over the world one step at a time. In case you haven't gotten the memo my name is Julius James and I'm the fucking shit.

9 comments:

Abi said...

Sell out!



Just playin'! So proud of you, your accomplishments & the incredible person you are. I'm blessed to have you touch my life and consider you family forever. Much love.

Scott said...

Good job dude. Never met you, but feel like I know you.

Happy that your dream job is coming true since its my dream job too.

Anonymous said...

Been around for a long time now and have some crazy ass memories. Most of my favs are knowing that you bet a giant fucking amount of money on a football game and watching that shit look like you were going to lose until the very end and seeing that shit work out in the end. The gods must love you. best of luck moving forward, and keep those daily picks coming. that money is gonna send my fucking kids to college. no joke.

Mackdaddy73 said...

Awesome JJ, you deserve it, I wish you the best and look forward to your articles in the near future!!
Much love from Alberta!!

CAPTAIN FORESKIN said...

well done.

don't forget your dumb scarberian friends when you're famous.

Bishop is lonely, he needs his boyfriend back. hook a nigga up son.

love.

faggot breath

xoxo

BC101 said...

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO VIVA blog

kitkat said...

wow goodluck! u'r such a lucky lad.
i envy you :p
and thnks for the sound advice too
new follower here, pls check out my blog when u cn :)

BronxBomber said...

Smh Rebecca Black is following me, holla when you turn whatever the age of consent is in Texas tho.

Anonymous said...

Congrats homeslice