Support my Family

For all your hip hop and lifestyle needs please visit:


If you're looking for a restaurant in the downtown Toronto area look no further:


For all your catering needs in the Nova Scotia area please email:

sweetdelights2013@gmail.com, website will be up in the near future

Friday, January 6, 2012

A Day I'll Never Forget: The Day I Felt Human....Again

Pardon the faggotry I'll lace all over the entry. Oh well. Today started off as regular but quickly turned into something I'll never forget. I'm officially finished school. I'm no longer a student, I got my degree. I got a billion and one jokes I want to say but not today, something happened. See I knew this day was coming for a while but I didn't really care. Figured it'd be just another day. I get the confirmation that I'm done school. Of course I'm happy. But I emailed my mom to tell her and that's where things took a complete different turn.


She called me, unable to speak because she was in tears. My brain went still and all of a sudden it hit me, this wasn't supposed to happen. I'm from a nowhereville town called Mount, Hope in the island of Trinidad. None of my parents graduated highschool, they struggle with the most basic of intellectual tasks. I grew up in poverty my entire life yet I graduated from a top 20 university in the world. I got off the phone with her and I texted some of my boys who never got this chance. When I told them I was done, these are convicted felons we're talking about, they were choking up and I found myself fighting back tears. This feeling is so surreal I never want it to end. Words don't give it justice and no one reading this, even if they been in this situation will ever understand. I did this. I accomplished this. No one could take it away from me. It isn't a paper, it isn't just a degree, I busted my ass for this shit and I earned this. Fuck it I worked hard for it too. It feels good.

I spent the entire day with loved ones. I started to drink but then I stopped, I didn't need it, was already high. I know it sounds gay but this feeling right here, knowing I did this, feels so damn good. I looked at my life from a child all the way to today, man fuck I came a long way. There's people out there who'd give anything to see me succeed. Hearing "damn you make me proud" from at least 20 people today really made my fucking day. It wasn't supposed to be like this. After 7th grade I had to learn to everything on my own, I just had to figure it out. Hell I could barely speak proper english but I busted my ass and did my thing. I got this. No one handed it to me, sure I caught a few breaks along the way but  in October 2007 after I paid for books I had $13.63 in my bank account. I went to get something and I remember my debit being rejected. Thinking fuck what now. But I hustled, I worked that 9-5 til I couldn't take it anymore. Then I got the blog, got endorsement, got some help from my parents and made a bunch of wise investments. I'm fucking blessed and I'm proud of me and there's no one, and nothing that could stop me on a day like today. I love life, I love my loved ones, and I love me. I'm out.

Peace.

1 comment:

Selena G. said...

I'm so proud I'm going to let you cum inside me.